Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Life drawing: babies

I took an hour out today and past two days to do a few observational sketches for the summer project this year, I had a few ideas in mind but I think I want the main character to be a baby or child-like character. I was inspired by Ed hooks, he made a very interesting point in the recent acting for animators newsletter and throughout the Animex workshop about babies, how little experience and knowledge they have. A baby has one goal when born which is to survive, learning becomes the action babies (or young children) act upon to meet this objective. I think we empathise with this objective as we've all exsperienced this situation before, we've all been young, helpless and I think it would be an interesting challenge to animate a child-like character.

The Sketches are from a few baby photo advertisements of babies using charcoal and graphite, looking into the proportions and "cute" poses for ideas for design ideas.








This sketch id from a baby model off youtube form Lon Harverly "you can draw" series, he talks a little about head proportions in the first part but more about drawing technique.




You can find more of Sketches from TV series "You Can Draw!" by Lon Haverly
www.lonhaverly.net

No comments:

Post a Comment