Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Characer Profile/sketches updated

Updated the character profile for Jake, I've changed the hair to a more stylish design with a white quiff, to highlight the moment at the beginning of the animation sequence where he sweeps his hair back with his hands.  This is the moment that really defines his character to the audience and is one of the stronger poses of the sequence. If I have time I will add secondary animation to the quiff, just make it bounce a little after he touches it. This the more refined I'm making this character the more and more he actually really makes me shudder (ugh), but at least he is coming along nicely.






This is how I visualised Jake before I started to finalise the design of the rig, the white streak in his hair is influenced by my favourate timeless villain Cruella De Vil. I wanted to add this prop to my character as its become almost a symbolic icon of high fashion, villainous, dastardly and devilishness in animation. My character shares the same traits as Cruella, the high power centre and open gesures which suggests high status, power and authority.


 




I've summerised the character into this short profile just give the basic idea of the character.


 I like to get as much group feedback as possible too so I'll be showing this to Harshali and Alper, its nice to have someone else's opinion on your work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment