Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Problems with the hands


Deadline this Friday and the pressures on, am not sure whats happened but I seem to have broken the rig somehow when animating the hands.  I've been using the CCA rig for two of my assignments and the rig's facial controls and hand controls have stopped working, basically the face and hands are locked in one shape/position and won’t move with the controls no more. They slightly click if I move the corresponding sliders to the highest values and the mouth still opens and closes but the eyes are locked shut and the hands are locked in a fist.

I've uploaded a pass of the animation sequence just after moving from stepped mode into spline mode as you can see from the render the hands have completely locked. I hadn't realised this problem until face face started suddenly too so kept on animating with realising the situation, not good. Here's the a screen print of the problem I've been having:




My solution and options:

I've emailed one of my previous tutors form last year who created the rig to see if he could help me at all but with the deadline so close I think my options are pretty limited to loading one of the previous versions and re animating the hands. I being thinking of a few other choices I could have to solving my problem too and  another possible choice is to merge two files together and copy the animation from one rig to a previous saved rig. I never tried this before so I'm not sure if it will work, I think this technique might work, fingers crossed.


Not the best situation to be in so close to the deadline but I shall look at it as a learning curve.



No comments:

Post a Comment