Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

British cooking programs: Ready Seady Cook!



For the presenter task, I want to try something a little different, I'd already animated two female characters in the previous assigments of AP2 So I wanted this character had to be male. I think I'm more in favour of the advertisement soundtracks " Blender and "buy one", Blender. Both voices are from the  British celebrity chef, television presenter and radio broadcaster Antony Worrall Thompson, who has quite an deep gruff voice. I wanted this need character to be a little older, early 30s for a little divercity to the outcomes of this modules.


 "Blender" soundtrack


I've researched popular british cooking programs (given the characters accent is British of course) I could watch, including a few old  series of BBC 2 Ready Steady Cook,

none of the links are working on blogger site, so I've listed the series I've been watching for research:


 Ready Steady Cook - Sn 15: Ep.114: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006vcgr

Ready, Steady, Cook: Ready Steady Cook - Sn 15: Ep.97: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jgQFm5ZkI&feature=relmfu

Ready, Steady, Cook: Ready Steady Cook - Sn 15: Ep.84: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpINsXhnoI&feature=related

Heres a few clips from channel 4oD "Jamie's 30 minute meals"

Jamie's 30 Minute Meals: Grilled Sardine: shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIhDNi1Oej8

Analysis:

One thing I noticed from watching thiese clips is there is suprisingly alot of cuts to the food or the object of interest, particularly close ups and exstreme close ups of food and objects of interest and zooming in on the chief as hes talking abou the food and cooking techniques. I have to renember to make sure the cameria is telling the audience what to look at and using mid shots, close ups, and wide shots to tell the audience what is happening.

As silly as it sounds I'll also have to be familar with the props involved in my scene so I'n researching hand blenders so





                                        Hand Blender:




No comments:

Post a Comment