Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Lady is a tramp - Arcs

In my previous animations I don't feel as if I considered arcs enough as a principle of animation, when I reflect on the bouncing ball, walk cycle and pendulum, the animation needed much more attention to the animation principles and polish. I really need to work on my timing, in betweens and much more anticipation. A lot of my animations lacked life, movement and the right timing, I want to improve with these next animations to achieve a better grade.

So I have got myself into a habit of reviewing my animations using small screen dumps, I can workout any major timing issues or draw the arc in the sequence to help me see how the character is moving.  Apart from this I'm using the "ghost" view in softimage.

I've made a quick screen grab and drawn out the hand fall from frame 155-168



note the right hand is slightly offset just so the action is symmetrical. 




I've used the refence I collected from the greenscreen to produce the same arcs on the rig as the arcs Rachael made when she performed actions involving swinging her arms. here is an example of the visual references I've been using  to animate the movement of the arm swings.



No comments:

Post a Comment