Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Improvements



Presenter

Offset the right arm at frame 396 so the character doesn't look to much like a marionette.



This week’s session involved a few tutorials from Keith Lango on methods of practise when animating. I was quite surprised when he mentioned an obvious mistake I usually make when looking over animated scenes. I usually tend to do a full render of the animation to correct one mistake I’ve made and wasting lots of time I could be spending on animating characters.  As animators, we have to be very time sensitive, tight schedules and deadlines are one of the main aspects of the industry we will be facing when we graduate as character animators. We could save a lot of time by a technique, or perhaps more of a habit to get into when looking over an animated pass, instead of rendering out the whole scene for the sake of one mistake, render the scene but make a list of all the faults in the timing, animation, rig, and make a note of the frame number. That way I can save time cutting out the render times of the animation. I’ve already begun using this techniques making lists for my mistakes in animation and listed some below.

Here are my notes for animation improvements typed up:

Song and dance – Lady is a Tramp

Off set right hand – frame 282

Delete right up vector key frame frame 437

Frame 300 – 321 adjust head rotation

Run though right and animation pass for sequence – drop paper at frame 300

frame 270 the arm "clicks" from the constraint to hip

no no no hand animate fingure frame 300

throws paper next to her frame 232

Presenter – the Cook

Move fr­­ame 200 forward 10 frames to increase timing of the leaning pose

Attach constraint to beaker object at frame 320 animate from frame 320 – 500

Offset the timing at frame 345 for more anticipation

Include more emphasis on the arm stretch of frame 200 using squash and stretch to exaggeration the form

Lip Sync – Believe me

Add 50 frames to the beginning sequence of the animation for suspense and anticipation of the character.

Adjust the mouth shape at frame 75 “keep telling” shorten the mouth shape for the “ep” sound.

include a blink sequence at frame 300-305 that's 300-303 blink down
 302 - 305 blink up



Major improvements:

Work on my timing, use off sets, extra key frames and arcs to improve the flow of my animation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment