Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Lady is a tramp - blocking


I watched another one of Kieth's tutorials on character animation, a key point he made in the recent tutorial is not to be afraid to to cut unnecessary key frames in your animation which is what I've done to this sequence in order to achieve the right results. I've taken out the shoulder shimmy and some of the movements which seem to make the character twitch and do unnatural movements in the animation, . I've also changed some of the key poses in the animation sequence to tone down the character slightly but still give her that "trampy-ness". I'm not sure if I should include more dance steps but I still need to do the hand pass and teak alot of the timing and the arcs before the animation is complete.

I think the staging is quite effective, but perhaps the camera should zoom in from wide shot to a close up on the character when she is singing in the last verses of the song to emphases the characters personality and literally show the audience the song is about her. The object was included in this render but she is carrying a piece of paper with her lines still to show is still kind of her first time even though she is inexperienced.

I'm glad I decided to leave the male character out, or have him off screen just to draw all the attention to the female character as she has quite a big personality, she also has more lines in the audio track and a louder voice which helped with creating the poses for her.

I feel as though I should be doing more with the staging of the camera, in alot of the feedback seesions my colleges have used camera tricks, cut to sequences, panning and zooming to make the animation sequence alot stronger. Theres a few ideas I want to try out on this scene, but I dont want to lose too much of the screen time to camera angles which don't show certain gestures that are important in the animation sequence for the audience to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment