Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Sketches: my cartoons

 I've uploaded some more sketches, but I thought i be a little different this time. I choose a type of insect and decided to see how many variations I could design, I'd been sketching and made these back when I had time just after the Christmas holidays.

I thought the best way to blog these sketechs was to tie them in with the principle of line of action. Line of action as John k describes it is a artistic concept, its can be applied to animation to make poses and actions alot more interesting visually. With line of action, we can exsaggerate and bend the form, directing the viewer to a point of interest or push the pose of character to make it more appealing. In my sketches I try to use the same principle to create a more appealing pose. Strong shiluettes, line of action and flowlines can be the key to a good pose.

 



(sketches 2011)









No comments:

Post a Comment